I suggest you ...

Guest & signed users free advert limitation

yes I can limit the number of
adverts the users can add from the configuration menu , but it is reflected
to the whole site , and the user can't go beyond the limitation even If he
try to add advert and pay for .
It must be a choice in the admin to limit the free user's adverts and the
whole advert limitation per user or guest , exactly like the way I can limit the
whole uploaded pictures per advert and after that identify the free
uploaded pictures limitation .

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    battarov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@IdeasLady - what about this solution:
        - you does not use the Free subscription plan at all (leave only paid plans)
        - you set the global limit of adverts to 3
        - each user can have then only 3 active adverts
        - when the user wants to add more adverts he needs to purchase the paid plan (plan B) with 10 subscription
        - then when a user uses all 3 free ads if he want to add more he needs to purchase the subscription plan (Plan B)

• IDEASLady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The problem here is that subscription plans WON'T solve the issue because I'm dealing with it right now. If you have a free subscription plan, there's no way to tell the system to set a max of plans that a user can have. So if you have "Plan A" free for 3max ads and 15 days, and your "Plan B" is paid with 10max ads and 30 days, you can't stop a user to get 10 free plans and post all the free ads they want. And you can't do it with points neither because there's no "earn points" system in place (users have to buy them); so then you can't create an always free subscription.

I don't mind having the users renewing their free subscription, but I don't want them to run more ads that they are supposed to run for a fixed time of that free subscription.

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User using plan can add avert only with restrictions set in Subscription Plans. If we will allow adding some extra features to predefined one then there will be big mess. So we decided to restrict this, if user wants his own configuration he can add advert in normal way where he have to select and pay for each element, but if he uses Subscription Plans then he have to preselected all features.

So in your case you should create 3 plans
        1. Free short term plan (7 days)
        2. Paid long term (30 days) plan
        3. Paid long term (30 days) plan with promotions enabled

Best Regards,
        Lukasz

• Artur Chesnokov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>>Plan has predefined duration for all ads and promotions?
        -- Yes in plan you can select duration and which promotions are available.
        And can set only ads q-ty in Plan settings?
        I have free short term (7 days) and paid long term(30 days) ads, a few promotions.
        If user pay for a Plan he can use only duration from plan without additional payment? Or can select needed duration (free or paid)?

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

>>And where is the difference? I can simply enlarge global limit. Free plan has sense only if ads from guest counted by email, and for each email works global limit. So such free plan motivate users to register and get larger limit.
        -- Ok you are right, so just make payable plan, user have free adverts limit and if he want to add some more ads he have to use plan and pay for it.
        Alternatively you can use Points Packages and give user during registration some points which user can pay for publishing, after using all points he have to buy new package or pay normally.

>>But here is another workaround, guest can fill in any random email, there isn't any email confirmation during ads posting.
        -- Yes there is :) just in global configuration set param "Email for guests" to "Yes - required" so then in advert creation there will be new required email field. This email will be compare with another registered emails and limit adverts assigned for this email. If he give fake email he won't be able to edit or delete adverts, via special links in message.
        This situation with guests is normal and there's no possibility to protect against this fake emails accounts. Also when creating adverts by guest is disable users can register few accounts on different emails.

>>Plan has predefined duration for all ads and promotions?
        -- Yes in plan you can select duration and which promotions are available.

Best Regards,
        Lukasz

And where is the difference? I can simply enlarge global limit. Free plan has sense only if ads from guest counted by email, and for each email works global limit. So such free plan motivate users to register and get larger limit. But here is another workaround, guest can fill in any random email, there isn't any email confirmation during ads posting.
        Plan has predefined duration for all ads and promotions?

Hello

You can use Subscription Plans to extend limit of adverts posting.
        Plan can be free and limited only for a specific group, so for example if global limit is 3 adverts you can create free Subscription Plan only for registered users that extend this limit to 10 adverts.

Best Regards,
        Lukasz

I'm agree with Idea to add possibility users add extra ads and pay for them.
        On my website users create a new account when faced with ads limit, I think more convenient manage all ads from one account, and they will pay(little amount of money) for that.
        So can you add "Extra advert price" like "Extra image price"

Feedback and Knowledge Base