I suggest you ...

A banner management extension

A Banner management extension to set advertising banners to the standard template module positions, belonging to DJ classifieds categories and subcategories (i mean not the existing DJ Classifieds positions)

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Gerold Nowak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IDEASGirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what I want to do with banners:

I want to be able to create the customer banner as usual, then create a custom field with a list of those banner customers. If that customer was selected by the advertiser then it will show the proper banner on the position selected on the module.

Example: Let's say we have a realtor that sells properties from 3 different companies. They can select from the dropdown "Realty 1" on that ad, in another ad from another company s/he will have "Realty 2", for each ad, even though they are from same advertiser/seller each ad page will be showing the ad also for the realty company of each property.

This could also work for brands & mega stores, where independent sellers and contractors (for which I'm creating my classifieds) are the ones that do the ads.

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello

>>this would be a great option to have IF it could target one category and all its childs OR one single category
    ---- It's good idea but there must be possibility to disable it via parameters, because when you have a lot of categories and you will run it for category which have for example 500 subcategories then for every of those category system must render modules position. This will be aggravating for page and will slow it down.

Best Regards,
    Lukasz

• Janich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I made a similar solution some years ago on a kunena forum to integrate modules on a category level.
    However, I found it necessary to create a "recursive" position as well as there were simply so many categories and subcategories.

Im currently testing DJ Classifieds with 1400 categories (from an old custom solution) and this would be a great option to have IF it could target one category and all its childs OR one single category.

Example:
    - djclassifieds-item-details-cat10 (show only in cat10)
    - djclassifieds-item-details-cat10+ (show in cat10 and all childs)

That would make it perfect imho. :)

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello

We are considering of creation special module which will allow you to publish other modules on some conditions. For example you want to publish module in position "left" only for advert details published in category with id 10.

In module there will be parameters
    - page restrictions [for example options=com_djclassifieds, view=item, cid=10 ]
    - custom module position [position for other modules for example 'djclassifieds-item-details-cat10']

So then you will be able to publish whatever you want module in position 'djclassifieds-item-details-cat10' that is displayed in position 'left' but published only for advert details which are published in category with id 10. Of course this will be universal so in restrictions you can put conditions for Articles [option=com_content,view=article] or any other component.

What do you think about that kind of solution?

Best Regards,
    Lukasz

• Gerold Nowak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

it would be fine, when the banner management extension could be allocate the banner to a spezifical categorie, in a module position, but in article and content too.
    It should be compatible with responsive design.... and maybe with using google analytics...

Best Regards

Gerold

Feedback and Knowledge Base