I suggest you ...

[DJ-Classifieds] Location module

When choose location members should see ads only from chosen location. And when they choose different categories or search something they should stay in their location, while members won't reset location or will choose another location. Now when members choose location they see all ads from this location and when they choose another category or go to the main page they see ads from all locations.

205 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MaxMax shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Tomasz KowalskiAdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) responded  · 

Hello Everybody,
    I can see that this feature is most awaited one. We’re working on this feature. It takes time as we need to make it compatible with all previous versions so you have no issues with upgrading. Due to this fact we plan to release it in version 3.7.
    We’re currently closing version 3.6 which should be released in early January 2017 and then we’ll be finishing this (remembering the location) feature to be ready in version 3.7. Thank you for your patience and support!

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gamegame commented  · 

To additional:
        " automatically map zoom in the DJClassifieds Maps module in accordance with the search results in DJClassifieds Search module. This way we can publish one module on all pages and we can use the standard method to exclude the publication on those pages where it's not needed. The map will show the location which is specified in the module DJClassifieds Search, we can use the Country and Town as a main caterory and and then we choose a category map will show us a town we need on map. "

Secondly, well , if you would be interested to implement the dependent custom fields somehow . Thus we can create a custom field "Location" and add there "country" , "city" , "metro", "district" as a sub custom fields . These two things will solve all the problems with the search and make DJClassifieds as a universal app .

But if only first part of that idea would be realized it would be also a vey good.

• gamegame commented  · 

Its a very nice news about DJClassifieds 3.7 will contain this innovation, but I want to draw your attention to a slightly different method of implementation. You might want to not touch the "module locations", but maybe you just need to change a google map code in Maps DJClassifieds module ... or where it is placed? * smile* .

Look at my point , please:

So , i still have a question about it.
        Need to modify the map module Maps DJClassifieds
        for DJClassifieds thus to zoom the map in accordance with the results of a search via the module DJClassifieds Search.
        Map now works in accordance with the expose center point in the module (country and city ) , and its needed to change zoom and resize map in accordance shown with search results.
        The current version is 3.6.1 DJClassifieds. Example: if London in result we need to see London on map. If New York in result we need to see New York on map. Regardless of what is specified in the module DJClassifieds Search central point for map as is " France, Paris " To additional: We have not been able to find a use for module "DJClassifieds Regions ". Because the map does not change location while searching, we use Town and Country as the main category. We can create a menu which will only show the upper levels and it will an excellent replacement for the "DJClassifieds Regions ". Also, if you find a way to implement "dependent custom fields" that can solve the problem with metro and areas and all this will make DJ-Classifieds a universal app.

• marcos.ruvalcabamarcos.ruvalcaba commented  · 

I cant believe this has been an issue for almost 2 years now. Unsat.

• trishatrisha commented  · 

Hi there,
        i solved this problem,
        if you want i can send that to you

• Tomasz KowalskiAdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  · 

Location module will be released in 3.7 version. Next should be: search alerts, however, I'm not able to tell exact versions or dates. I'll update it once we release Stable version 3.6 and will be closing the 3.7 roadmaps.

• Anonymous commented  · 

location module
        ajax search
        search alerts

When will this version with all these features be release?

• OskarOskar commented  · 

This is probably the most awaited feature. You know something about the planned date of deployment?

• naushadrealnaushadreal commented  · 

location should be mentioned in urls and in title as well

@Tomasz

Two years ago I writing about it with Łukasz C.

I wrote about the inconvenience in locating system in dj-classifieds. (You may want to review these messages?)

I admit that I thought that after two years it has been brought to a suitable point for all ...

In my opinion, locations should be something like expanded category (should have all the possibilities of category system)

I think it is really needed for dj-classifieds to track the location appeared in the url, and in such a way as you want it.
        eg. http://example.com/category/location/subcategory
        or http://example.com/location (for all categories)
        or http: ///example.com/category/location/sublocation

SEO is important, so let us to act with it.

Creating a menu, you can create a link to the category but not to the location? Why?

You may also want to consider api google maps to work with it?

Regards,
        Oskar

• Tomasz KowalskiAdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  · 

Hello, Yes, you're right, we'll take your suggestions seriously when adding this feature to DJ-Classifieds.Unfortunately it's not easy to be implemented (taking into account backward compatibility and compatibility) however when we'll be working on the feature your suggestions will be seriously used. Thanks!

• Brian KBrian K commented  · 

This would be ok, but the issue is that none of this will help with SEO. You will still have a template names and confusing irrelevant "ID's", neither will aid in getting pages indexed by major search engines. I am having my coder customize the regions component to give it authority over categories, do when a search is done, or a custom tree map is created the path will be something like www.website.com/united-states/florida/keywest/etc. No template names, no ID's no junk path data. Google in their most resent release made it clear that only static paths will be indexed. When the spiders see a mess like address=18-blah=90etc-etc it will simply ignore the path and not include it for indexing thus lowering the number of indexed pages of the website, thus lowering SEO.

• shiromishiromi commented  · 

this is a very important fact of a classified ads extension these days , i think this important fact should be there originally, while you'll developing this extension, why i am telling this is , if running a classified web you'll will realize people use to search on based on location on search engines, if you gone thru with google webmaster tools you'll can confirm it, if not you'll can use google keyword planner to get an idea, how people use to search on google to get their requirement done from a classified ads website,

just for a example people use to search like this, "used cars in New York " you'll can see in google in first two or three pages all the websites are included that particular keyword on their titles and in their urls , if you click one of those all the list of all used cars appears belongs to new york city, google prioritise that clean title and url belongs to that city, that's page by page optimisations these days google strongly sees that, that's a actually a fact too, coz new your guy doesn't want to inspect any car in not his region.

why i am telling this is classified owners need visitors, doing good SEO work and with so much of competition if losing visitors (( not getting optimised in google comparing to competitors )) it's really disappointing, that's why i am telling this is very important aspect of a classified component,

i have inquired about this 5 months ago still not available, this is a such a simple thing for you ll and i don't know why you'll dragging this out,end of the day you'll also get benefit out of this if you'll can fine tune these things on regards of SEO

can i know when you'll going to release next update ? can you'll customize this extension for my requirement if i am buying this extension ?

ouu it has not yet been implemented? :(

when can we expect to release 3.5 version?

• dinu_dan_catalindinu_dan_catalin commented  · 

Hi,
        the user should be able to see on general map the adds for specific category or all categories depend on the selections. I think it will be useful on the general map to be able to select multiple category .For example I have a category Restaurants and another Hotels. The user should be able to select only Restaurants, or Hotels, or Hotel+Restaurants.
        Thank

• maksmaks commented  · 

Здравствуйте. Как можно организовать то что бы при нажатии подачи объявления или еще какой ссылке человек продолжал был привязан к городу, то есть я выбрал город например москва, но зайдя например в личный кабинет или в подачу обьявления, мне опять нужно выбирать город. Если посмотреть сайт авито или барахла нет, там если выбрал город, то тебя из него не куда не выкидывает, и личный кабинет привязан к городу и подача объявления, то есть пока сам не выйдешь на выбор городов.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base