I suggest you ...

[DJ-Classifieds] Register Guest posting advert as new user

It is already possible to allow Guest to post advert. This is a very usefull feature. However there is no way to track this guest and convert him to a registered user. what I am suggesting is to save email and password of the guest (new field for password to be added) and to create an account automatically. Of course activation of this functionality should be optional. Lot of ads site have this functionality. It will imply authentication by email and check if already exist on guest email. But I think it worth it.

53 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pony shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Register with joomla component and then post ad with dj-classifieds component is not good option. Users wants to have only one form to register and post their ads. Dj classifiends should have this option and let users register and post ads at once.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best way is to register the Guest that post an ad, using only the dj-classifieds add form. Using only this form user can register and add his ad at once with one form. This is by far the best and fastest way for the Guest.

• isirion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the guest adds an adverds let him have the opportunity to register account by checking the option "Register Account".

• Pony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, is it possible to add a field "Name" (optional of course) for guest posting an advert. In the current version of DJ-Classifieds, the name is always "Guest" witch is impersonal. No check is required on unicity of the name. Thanks

• Pony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not exactly what I was expecting but it is a good start.

• AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Pony, we already have a plugin that works that way: when guest posts the adverts using email address when he later registers with this email address all ads are assigned to this user. You can download the plugin from here: https://dj-extensions.com/downloads/doc_download/145-plugin-for-assigning-adverts-after-registration . Let us know if this is what you meant.

Feedback and Knowledge Base