I suggest you ...

[DJ-Classifieds] Remember member's details when posting a new ad

It could be useful to add a feature like remembering member's details when posting anew ad, so ones need not to fill the same details repeatedly (such as location, address, contact info, website).

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • IDEASGirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That sounds good Tomasz, I don't think anyone will say no. Now, we don't want to have to have invoice manager to have the feature available. This should be something easy to do, like someone mentioned, these fields can be propagated from their profile or their registration profile.

• D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented · June 27, 2016 10:29

Would it be possible to use these fields for invoice manager?
    That would be a major improvement because of:
    a) allowing creation invoices for unregistered
    b) customisation of contact details for registered

Personally I am not aware of any e-commerce solution where is any unregistered user unable to get an invoice for the paid service with all necessary details.

Please tell me that answer is yes:)

Thanks!

D.

• mino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Selected fields in profile such as address, or repeated info automatically populates each classified ad of the user, so they don't have to re-type their address info every time they post an advertisement...

• AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, Unfortunately we did not manage to include this feature in version 3.4.3, it has to be moved to version 3.5.
    In version 3.4.3 we've implemented some important features and didn't make to add this one. Sorry everybody! Please learn more about 3.4.3 update here: https://dj-extensions.com/blog/dj-classifieds/dj-classifieds-update-ver-3-4-3 and please stay tuned for version 3.5 that will have this feature.

• D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, I thought it is already implemented. Looking forward to 3.4.3!

• Luli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another one I am watching, do you have any date? When can we expected 3.4.3 version? Thank you.

• Nuno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check user session to get the user details ::: $user = JFactory::getUser();
    in the contactdetails, check the cicle foreach, and compare the field you're looking for

$user = JFactory::getUser();
    $userId = $user->id;
    $userProfile = JUserHelper::getProfile( $userId );

if($fl->name == 'email'){
    $fl_value = $user->email;
    }else if($fl->name == 'telefone'){
    $fl_value = $userProfile->profile['phone'];
    }else {
    $fl_value = $fl->value;
    }

Not the best solution for +3 fields, but it also allows to get some user details from the user profile, without any strange queries to DB, or hack the controller...

Feedback and Knowledge Base