Segregation by ip detection
Upgrade to DJ Classifieds
The following is an important improvement request for the DJ Classifieds application, which is a great application without a doubt.
The idea would be to improve customer segmentation based on the following idea:
The IP of a visitor is detected and the system determines which country is, in this way, the DJ Classifieds application, will show ONLY the ads that correspond to that country (doing a dynamic and automatic search without visitor intervention), which is a country that is an option in the search module "location".
If the country does not exist in "locations", everything is displayed and there is no dynamic search for ads by the visitor's country. If the visitor decides to search for ads in another country diferent from his o hers, in the search module, the system will show them. If the search module is cleaned or reset, the system returns to take the visitor's ip to show only ads from the visitor's country or all if the country in the search module option: "location" does not exist!
This improvement is important because if DJ Classifieds has ads in other countries, a visitor from country X is not interested in seeing ads from countries other than his o her own, therefore, the system will show ads from the visitor's country based on his o her IP is a very important improvement.
It is not necessary that the website be multi-site or have subdomains, the app, plugin or option of DJ Classiffieds should only show the ads of the country of the visitor's ip, if this option is enabled in backend.
1. A dynamic app or plugin that is enabled shows ads from the visitor's country based on the visitor's ip.
2. The application automatically searches for ads based on the visitor's ip and shows only the ads from the visitor's country.
3. If the visitor's country does not exist in the “Location” options of the search module, all the ads are shown, there would be no country filter.
4. If the user or visitor wishes to search for advertisements in other countries, the visitor's ip will no longer be a priority and the search results will be displayed
5. If the search module is cleaned or reset, the priority will be the ip of the visitor and the ads of the country of the user or visitor of the site will be shown.
This plugin or app could be named: Country to ip, or ip detection, or searching by ip´s visitor, or segregation by ip or something like that!
It is a good idea!
Please consider this idea in your next improvement!
Thank you very much!
This seems to be really interesting idea, I’ll discuss that with the team and get back to you here,