I suggest you ...

add noindex/follow and googlebot noarchive for item/article/ads-classifieds

You can add the noindex option for ads. Because this is a duplicate problem. The user writes or copies texts from other sites, poor text with not many words ... this gives google SEO problem. This option can be enabled for all classified items or by individual ads-classified.

This is a very important request for a good seo

Bestregard

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    zyadya shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) responded  · 

This feature was released in version 3.7 – > https://dj-extensions.com/blog/dj-classifieds/dj-classifieds-3-7-beta#seo

You can now control the robot’s behavior for all ads, particular ads, adverts lists.
    The settings can be made globally, in the category settings, including, ad settings and the menu settings.
    This feature is meant for situations where users on your site are adding adverts that have copied text from different sites, and you do not want them to hurt your site’s SEO with duplicate content.

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  · 

Sounds great, thank you for this suggestion, we also think it will be useful for many!
        Once the Beta version is available, let us know if you will have any more suggestions.
        Cheers!

• zyadya commented  · 

Very good news. DJ-Classifieds will be the best ad module with SEO google frendly.

Well, I'll install my JM ClassifiedAds theme and work on it.
        I would put the beta update and then the stable version.

Thank you

Ps: users who will pass duplicate ads (text and similar title) to no-index / follow / noarchive, they will see their scores on google go up

Hi,
        There's a good chance we will add this to the upcoming version 3.7,
        the beta version should be released within 2-3 weeks, and stable version - depending on how the Beta will work and the feedback from users - around 2-3 weeks later.

• zyadya commented  · 

The no-index option can be set in the next update ?

Do you have a delay ?

I buy the module but I can not use it.

Other users will be happy that this option be integrated.

• zyadya commented  · 

So, if I get you correct, there should be two options:
        - global one parameter that would make ALL adverts noindex / nofollow
        - option on each advert level for the administrator to enable/disable the parameter for this ad only (that would overwrite te global setting, so the scenario could be that the global setting is ON and all adverts has noindex parameter - then administrator can enable index/follow parameter for this advert only, and vice versa).

Is that correct?

global parameter administrator 4 choices ALL adverts: noindex / follow or noindex / nofollow or noindex / follow / googlebots noarchive or noindex / nofollow / googlebots noarchive

"then administrator can enable index/follow parameter for this advert only, and vice versa)."

yes : 4 choices for this advert only: noindex / follow or noindex / nofollow or noindex / follow / googlebots noarchive or noindex / nofollow / googlebots noarchive

• zyadya commented  · 

- option on each advert level for the administrator to enable/disable the parameter for this ad only "
        (that would overwrite te global setting, so the scenario could be that the global setting is ON and all adverts has noindex parameter - then administrator can enable index/follow parameter for this advert only, and vice versa).

Is that correct? "

YES :)

• zyadya commented  · 

"Hi, enabling such functionality for all ads would make the service not available via Google or another search engine at all - do you think this is a good option? "

Yes, google should not add the ad in its engine, everything will be concentrated on categories ...

The main option is to enable / disable All ads no-index / follow + googlebot no-archive. In each ad the ability to enable or disable no-index / nofollow and no-archive (individual sub-option)

This is the best solution: if the webmaster validates the ad it will be in automatic no-index and auto noarchive.

If the ad is of very good quality with lots of text and keyword and a quality H1 title, the webmaster disable no-index and no-archive in the individual option of the ad.

- option on each advert level for the administrator to enable/disable the parameter for this ad only (that would overwrite te global setting, so the scenario could be that the global setting is ON and all adverts has noindex parameter - then administrator can enable index/follow parameter for this advert only, and vice versa).

Is that correct?

• zyadya commented  · 

Noindex / follow + Googlebot no-archive is very important. All the juice will be concentrated on the categorys. With the activation option for all ads and ads selection this allows you to choose the best ads that will make up in the keywords serp. The big sites use this system (leboncoin.fr). Free to the webmaster to use this option. You must imperatively enter this option please. I buy ads-classified but I can not use it without the option noindex / follow.
        Please

Hi, enabling such functionality for all ads would make the service not available via Google or another search engine at all - do you think this is a good option?
        When talking about enabling that feature on particular ads level - this makes more sense, but that includes work of the administrator to manually enable such feature on adverts that are potential duplicate content, so administrator needs to monitor each ad, check if this is a duplicate, and enable no-index for the advert via administrator panel - would that do what you expecting?

Feedback and Knowledge Base