I suggest you ...

Reverse Auction

It would be a Great idea to extend the existing Auction with a Reverse Auction possiibility.
Great for regional Service providers.
I Need a plumber, Place the add with Max Price, providers bid Step by step their lowest Price.

20 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Elias shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello, thanks for voting for this idea.
Can we discuss the features you mean thinking about the Reverse Auction. Let’s discuss the idea how that could be implemented in DJ-Classifieds so we can have a good starting point.

Does this generic explanation of Reverse Auctions is what describes your needs: A reverse auction is a type of auction in which sellers bid for the prices at which they are willing to sell their goods and services. In a regular auction, a seller puts up an item and buyers place bids until the close of the auction, at which time the item goes to the highest bidder. In a reverse auction, the buyer puts up a request for a required good or service. Sellers then place bids for the amount they are willing to be paid for the good or service, and at the end of the auction the seller with the lowest amount wins.
“?

Basically the idea would be something similar to what we have in the Offers App: https://dj-extensions.com/faq/dj-classifieds-faq/how-offers-app-works but the bids are official and visible to all users same way it is with the regular Auction?

Let’s discuss.

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jake Soreide commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tomasz,

Sorry about the delayed response.

- I believe the choice for Reverse Auctions should be left to site administrators, as I don't believe there would be many instances where a website would have both regular auctions (for selling things) and reverse auctions (for bidding services). In the end, the site admin would decide the auctions would be a regular or reverse auction, so the end user (site visitor/advertiser) would still only have to choose between a regular listing type and auction. -- This is particular to my needs anyways, and many sites like mine in other sectors would be the same.

- I think the advertiser should have the choice of no price or setting a maximum. Some people may have a budget building an addition on their house and for some price may not be an issue.

- An option to show / hide bids would be nice. Again it may be better to have on the administration side instead of the end user, but this may just be another instance of my needs.

It is similar to the Offers App i guess, but in the end I believe the best implementation would be a mixture between a "reverse auction" functionality in the DJ Classifieds component along with the Offers App. The person submitting offers should have a way of tracking their offers (bids) and there should be an option (administration side) to have the bids be public.

• AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, Jake for the confirmation,
    So the basic workflow could be (please confirm/change my thoughts if needed):
    - the advertiser can post an ad with the option "Reverse Auction" (instead of the regular auction - that would be a new feature to choose from, available in the submission form)
    - the user that submits the advert (looking for the offers) is not posting any price for the item that is posting. Or should he provide any maximum price?
    - the other users that wants to post the bids can provide the price they suggest
    - the bids are visible to the user

This seems to be really similar to the Offers App, with the difference that in the offers App the bids are not visible to all users but only to the administrator as explained here: https://dj-extensions.com/faq/dj-classifieds-faq/how-offers-app-works - do the Offers App functionality would be what you need if it had the option to display the offers sent by users same way as the bids for the auctions are?

You are correct Tomasz, that explanation for "Reverse Auctions" is what I was referring to.

As far as my current needs, I do not need to process payment after a reverse auction, but I'm sure some individual cases may need to do so.

The software already is amazing, this would just take it over the top as far as my needs go.

This would make DJ Classifieds a better option for a "reverse auction" site than any of the software currently out there.

I would also like to have this functionality.

It would make DJ Classifieds perfect in my opinion

Feedback and Knowledge Base