I suggest you ...

How change region module or search module for searching by multiple regions (checkbox or multiple select)

How change region module or search module for searching by multiple regions (checkbox or multiple select).

16 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • olaf.jorgensen commented  · 

Hi.
        I have tested alot of different classifieds system om Joomla, none have realy advanced search options with mulitple checkboxes, this is someting i really miss, i dont know why on english classifieds sites this is not in use.

I dont know how much extra work it is for you to fix, but if you would do it, you would be uniqe.
        Here in Norway we have a marketplace/ classifieds site that is really big.
        They have checkboxes ect and its just way easyer then the old system without it.

I cannot upload files here so i cannot show you what i mean, but if you go on www.finn.no and then Eiendom, there under Område is all the "states" in Norway, so if you just push one of them, then alle the citys in that "state" come up, and so if i want to check houses in 5 different citys at once i can do it, or if i want to buy a snowboard, then i can just check out the 5 citys that are near me, ect ect. Its a much more advanced search system, that is not possible with any classifieds system on joomla to this day.

• AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  · 

Hi, thanks for this suggestion and let's open a discussion :)
        We have taken some time to think about the possible solutions.

The bottom line is that for now, we do not plan to add **the feature of selecting multiple regions in the one advert** because of the complexity of the solution (even if this seems easy, it would make the component's structure much more complicated).

I guess that the idea comes from the usage slightly different than the regular classified ads portal?

The option of adding more regions in the search is quite possible in one of the future updates, but can you tell, why the option of the range in miles or kilometers is not a solution for this purpose (it was meant for this kind of searches)?

we will wait to see if the idea gathers more votes, thanks for your input!

• pcpexp commented  · 

Yes will be great if we can do multiple selection not only in search module but also the extra-field

• Halil commented  · 

It would be nice to have the ability to add multiple locations. Like multiple categories. I need it. It is easy for you i think

Feedback and Knowledge Base