I suggest you ...

All component fields must be independent (like custom fields)

All component fields must be independent. Every field must be custom field and there is no need for default fields.

For example Title, Map, Types, Images and others must have the logic of "custom fields". There is some classified sites that have categories that don't have to show address on the map. Or you want to force some fields name for title (using placeholders) and not let the user write everything he wants for title.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Harry shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Henrik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As i see are the many good suggestions and I agree in most of them, what i think the are needed most is more consitant in how to show fileds and where. Eg are the no option to show custum flieds i many of the modules e.g. in the Item module. Last but not least all the custom fields showed in ONE group eg. detailview, there are needed a more fleksible way to show custom fields, many other similar solution like ZOO Ads Manager have found good way to solve this issues

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1.All fields payable
        -- we have in plans adding payments to custom field , for all fields it could be hard , because how to charge for title ?

2.New field types : images, file upload, appointment
        -- yes this would be very helpfull

3.Tabs on advert view ,but not using joomla editor. Tabs must insert on specific spots from administrator for all users.
        -- this is also good idea

4.Core fields must have option to remove them (not use them).
        --- you can disable all fields excluding title, title can't be removed

5.Durations, types and other must be custom fields to use them on the categories we need them with different options
        -- I agree with types but durations indicated advert time publication , and it should be global

Problem with moving all those elements to custom fields beside efficiency is that this won't be intuitive and hard for some users to set on start. But of course we create this component for Community and Clients vote is very important :]

Best Regards,
        Lukasz

• Andrea Tasi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must have options for dj-classifiends extension
        1.All fields payable
        2.New field types : images, file upload, appointment
        3.Tabs on advert view ,but not using joomla editor. Tabs must insert on specific spots from administrator for all users.
        4.Core fields must have option to remove them (not use them).
        5.Durations, types and other must be custom fields to use them on the categories we need them with different options

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello
        This is good idea , but have one major issue. That kind of solution will be much less efficient than core fields.
        Now we have basic data in one table which allows to faster search and base on one object. With custom fields solutions we have data in at least 3 tables which we have to join during queries and this extend time needed to receive data. On bigger database this time is appreciable.
        But of course this doesn't change fact that we are adding new types of fields and in future we will add also images or types, so this will be available. In next update (3.5) we will add date from<->to custom field that will bring better support for events.

Best Reagrds,
        Lukasz

• Steyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dj-classifieds is very good out of the box extension. I use it one of my sites. I thing alla default fields must removed. For example default contact field, default price field, default types field, default title field, default duration field, default promotion field, default webpage field...
        All those fields must have custom fields logic.User must use them when he needs them just like custom fields.
        All of those default fields must be custom fields and have their own options. This way this extension would be Super powerful !!!!

• Nej35 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very useful if you can choose types,images,duration's. e.t.c on the categories you want. Every field must be "paid" feature.

• plaisio24 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is true. The component logic must change. The options menu has to mach anarchy features that confuses. We must have fields separated and with its own options. Every field must have option to be paid also..

Feedback and Knowledge Base