I suggest you ...

Register and post with the same form

In "post form" user add his name and email and then fill the form. Then system auto register user using his name for "username" and a random password that sends to his email. This way user register and add his advert filling one only form.

238 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Björn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every single contact form or registration form I know had first the form and after that the captcha, why here a user must fill the captcha first to see the new ads form and why the new ads form hasn´t integrated the registration form in it like in every shopping cart solution?

• Delbert Warkentin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Many website have this to make the path shorter for users to do what they actually want to do. POST ADS and not spend time with registering etc etc.

• FabZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perfect option to keep focus on ad filling.
        An alternative for activation it could be to auto publish ad after system receives new user confirmation email.

• diaforetikos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A good option..... , collect the joomla username password and email fields at the same time as the other fields for the directory fields. This would allow the Joomla registration and the directory listing creation to be a one step process.

• Speculer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rs directory uses something like that. Guests only have to fill email and username without leaving the ad form and system automatically create user on joomla.

• yahket commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I try to find a way to speed up register and submit process but i'm still working on it. Yes this is a very good idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base