I suggest you ...

Is there a way to implement "show on click" option on existing standard contact field?

When i make my site the option to create a custom field and give it "show on click" function wasn't available, and not all my ads have phone numbers and emails on contact field that crawled from Google. Is there a way to implement "show on click" function on standard custom field ?

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    tentokal shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • solartools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I try with protostar template and default theme settings but nothing. My steps are:
        1.I go to dj-classifieds setting and i change the contact to "custom field"
        2.I create a custom field with name "contact", type "text field, and i check "Show value on click" to yes
        I thing those are the correct steps but still not working

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Solartools,

this feature should work fine also on old fields, you need to just edit them and enable this feature. Maybe you use for example Joomla-Monster template and view with advert details is overwritten. Please contact us on help desk we will check and resolve this

Best Regards,
        Lukasz

• solartools commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No is not working on existing contact field. I have the same problem. Old site with default contact text field (emails, phone numbers, fax...) and there is no way to use this function. The only thing you can do is to create new custom fields "IN CONTACT" and then choose "show on click" for every field.
        That is very very bad cause so many users of this component used for years default contact field (text field) and now they can't hide those information from google crawler.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello lukasz. I 'm using 3.4.1.1 version. I change standard core contact field to "custom contact field" from settings (This field will be used instead of core field) and then i check the show on click option inside custom field, but is not working. I change my joomla template and djclassifieds theme to core settings but nothing. If i use any other custom field this function is working, but not with core contact field.

• Adminlukasz.ciastek (Admin, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello

This feature "show on click" should work fine on standard category and contact custom fields on latest DJ-Classifieds 3.4.5. Probably you have overwritten advert details view in Joomla template or DJ-Classifieds theme
        https://dj-extensions.com/faq/dj-catalog2-faq/how-to-change-css-or-layout-files
        https://docs.joomla.org/How_to_override_the_output_from_the_Joomla!_core

Best Regards,
        Lukasz

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have exactly the same problem and i don't know how to solve it. Dj classifieds version 3.4.2 has this option or not?

Feedback and Knowledge Base