I suggest you ...

Charging users a success fee (e.g. 5% of each sale go to website owner)

[DJ Classifieds]: Possibility to earn money by charging users for the success of selling their products through our website, for example a success fee of 5% of each sale (like Ebay does it).

126 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Manuel shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jawad commented  · 

Hi Admin.
        as per you comment on June 2, 2016 9:29 AM.
        Is it possible to have a list of sold items, price and the supplier name. such that we can generate invoice to charge 5% of the sale ?
        I can see the sold item list in Payment, but it doesnot show Item & supplier name.
        Retgards,

• Tim commented  · 

really cool idea.

• Manuel commented  · 

Any update on the progress of this idea?

• meyraz commented  · 

btw
        hika use this and you cooperate together and they made a plugin for that...... :)

• AdminTomasz Kowalski (CEO, DJ-Extensions.com) commented  · 

yea, I get the idea, but it's not possible. Speaking about paypal payments - buyer sends money to the seller directly and there's no way to split the payment (the only solution could be that the money would not go to the seller directly but to the website administrator and then the admin sends the money with deducted fee - but that's also a hassle for the admin) .
        But that's not all - what about standard bank transfers or hand-to-hand transactions? Admin cannot take fee from those as well.

I generally understand the idea and I agree that it would be better but for now there's no real solution that could handle that - in case you find any please share

• meyraz commented  · 

yes i understand, i think that the admin will start to chase after the sellers, they will not pay. and its
        will be a big mess for the admin.
        i understand that it is complex but maybe the payment should stop at us and forward automatic to the seller minus the fee?
        example - paymet of 100 euro for a product will trasfer to admin paypal and a payment of 97 euro will pass to the seller. it can be great because we can say that just after the buyer will get the product the seller will get the money (as an insurence option)
        i will try to think a little more about it

yeah, but this would be really complex. If we're talking about buy now feature, for now there are two possibilities:
        - direct paypal payment
        - offline payment (bank transfer or the seller and buyer just meet and the transaction goes)

In your scenario it's not possible as the money go from hand to hand or from buyer paypal account to seller paypal account, there's no way to "catch" the fee.
        The only solution I can think of is what I suggested. So after every sale the administrator is being informed and can put the invoice for the seller for the fee.
        Do you see what I mean?

• meyraz commented  · 

hi thmasz,
        how are you?
        i think that the flow should be a little differ.
        when a user buy a product, the amount mill diveded according to the fee/
        for example the products cost 100 euro and the fee for admin is 3% .
        so just 97 euro will pass direct to the seller and 3 euro will pass to the admin.
        i am sure that there is a solution for that double transaction.
        BR
        Amit

hi, so when there's a successful transaction going on between users administrator keeps track of all of the transactions and after each sale he make an invoice to the seller of the product with the percentage and then the seller needs to pay the invoice? Is this how the flow should look like?

• meyraz commented  · 

its will be very usefull

• Ray commented  · 

This commission concept would be very valuable for me!

Feedback and Knowledge Base